Similar to humans, the very first signs of diarrhea in dogs are characterized by recurrent loose uncontrolled bowels. Your dog might get this disease without any prior symptoms. Diarrhea in your dogs might have a fast cure within days or may stretch for a period of even months or it may show recurrent symptoms. A single bout of diarrhea s however not a sign of concern, however, if the symptoms are recurrent you need to check immediately with your veterinarian.
What are the Causes and Symptoms of Diarrhea in Dogs?
Finding the cause for dog diarrhea can be quite frustrating for dog owners because the cause can be anything from a deadly virus to simple food indigestion. If you search the internet you will find that the most common dog diarrhea symptoms are loose stools and vomiting. However, if you want to know the causes of diarrhea in dogs is here is the list of six major causes that might cause diarrhea in dogs.
- Diet change or food intolerance
- Bacterial infection
- Viral infection
- Ingestion of garbage, toxins, or foreign bodies
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Kidney or liver disease
- Cancer or other tumors of the digestive tract
- Certain medications and Colitis
As has been said above that frequent loose motions is the most common symptom of diarrhea. There are some other visible symptoms of diarrhea in dog and that are gassiness, laziness, dehydration, fever, less appetite, vomiting and sudden weight loss. Dog diarrhea also causes blood in the stool which you can detect if his excreta is black in color. The black color is due to some internal bleeding in the stomach or the small intestine. If your pet is also showing similar instances you should check on with your veterinary immediately.
The remedy for Dog Diarrhea
Dogs diarrhea is a preventable disease so if you can follow some precautions, you can protect the health of your dogs in advance
- Shift your puppy to a new diet slowly
- If your puppy is in a kennel with other dogs, keep the facility clean and use the right disinfectants
- Vaccinate your puppy at the appropriate ages and keep unvaccinated puppies away from unvaccinated dogs and public places like dog parks and kennels
- Kennel your puppy when he is not supervised to prevent accidental ingestion of garbage and toxins
- Talk to your vet about parasite prevention, and pick up after your dog.
Dog diarrhea is a way through which you can know there is something wrong with your dog. So the next time you notice that your pooch has stomach upset ‘DO NOT PANIC’, just have a sip of coffee in our pet printed mugs and relax. Consult your vet and know the remedy dog diarrhea and act accordingly because at Pups N Paws we understand how much you love your doggo.
buy real cialis online